Saturday, November 13, 2010

Because Tattling Is Wrong.



Dear Laney,

Today, you and I went into town and had a great time at the library. You're moving so quickly these days that I can't take my eyes off you for a second. In the time it takes me to reshelve a book in the 747s (Remodeling), you're already two rows over in the 641s (Gardening and Canning).

In the Children's section, we met a little boy who wanted to read you a book about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which you thought was pretty cool. In fact, you thought it was so cool that you kept patting the boy until I think he started to suspect that you weren't right in the head. I wanted to explain to his mother that we live out in the boonies and never see other people, but I didn't want her to think that I'm the crazy one.

Because we both know it's really your dad.

Then, we went to the Children's Museum. Because tattling is a really terrible habit, I will just say this: When it was time to leave, ONE of us protested by screaming, then throwing herself in the middle of the Museum's entryway and banging her head on the ground in the middle of a big crowd of people waiting to enter. And then She-who-will-not-be-named was picked up by her mama, who put on a big fake smile and said "I'm so sorry you feel that way," because that sounds so much nicer than hollering, "MOVE ALONG! THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE, PEOPLE!"

But I wouldn't want to name names.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment