Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hold On To Your Hat


Dear Laney,

As I was explaining to you a little while ago, your dad built you a sled. A super-official, heavy-duty, outta-my-way kind of sled. Today, the two of you decided to take it for a test drive. I would have told you to hang on to your hat, but you already had it covered.


Eventually, your dad wants to hook up the dogs to the sled and have them pull the two of you. The very idea raises my blood pressure to the nth degree. Luckily, the snow wasn't deep enough today to involve those chowderheads.


I think at first you were a little taken aback by the sledding process, but by the time Dad decided he was tired of hauling you around, you decided that sledding was awesome, and you didn't want to quit.


By the end of the excursion, you were so amped up that there was no calming you down - once again, you made a run for the border.



That last photo is what happened when your dad tried to teach you to jump up and say, "Hooray!" You got the bending your knees part down, but then would just stand up and clap for yourself. Close enough, I say.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment