Monday, November 29, 2010

The Streak Continues


Dear Laney,

It seems that tensions between you and Santa Claus have not cooled over the past year. Because if you liked last year's Santa photo...


...you're going to LOVE this year's:


You took one look at Santa, and I could tell things were going to go downhill in a hurry. By the time we propped you on his lap, you were bawling. But in your defense, Santa did smell strangely of coffee and cigarettes.


I thought if I held you it might help the situation, even though I had shown up at the mall with no make-up and in sweatpants. It was after a moment like this when someone first coined that phrase about two wrongs not making a right. But at least my crying pulls some of the focus from your crying, am I right? Incidentally, I am crying over yet another failed $30 photo session.

See you next year, Santa!

Love,
Mom


1 comment:

  1. Santa does seem to have satisfied smirk on his face, does he not?

    ReplyDelete