Tuesday, November 23, 2010

You Know What's Irritating?


Dear Laney,

You know what's irritating? When it's winter in Montana, and someone who lives in a tropical resort location like south Georgia e-mails you their weather forecast in an e-mail entitled, "Wish You Were Here." It kinda makes me want to kick that person in the shins. Especially when their forecast looks like this:


Despite the 5 degree temperatures today, we made our own Montana fun. Your dad got our the dog sled and we took it for its first run with the dogs attached. You thought it was an average Tuesday afternoon, and I thought it was a thrill ride on a death trap.


You didn't seem to mind that it took me an hour to get you dressed so you could play outside for twenty minutes.



After I put on your shirt and sweater and snow bibs and jacket and smartwool socks and snow boots and gloves and hat, your dad said "That might be overkill." Did you hear the part where I said FIVE degrees? I can't even make sense of that in my head. I just know that it makes anything that's in your nose freeze solid in 2 minutes or less. Yesterday on the radio, the DJ said "It's beginning to feel like winter." I wanted to kick him in the shins, too.

After our sled ride, we had some celebratory chocolate, which is the best part of any outdoor adventure.


So, we're going to ignore the people in other parts of the country who are laughing at our climate. And when August rolls around and they're spending the day in 99% humidity, painting nail polish on their chigger bites, we're going to do the Christian thing...

...write a blog post about how it's 72 here.

Love,
Mom

P.S. The picture at the top of this post might be my favorite photo I've ever taken of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment