Monday, November 1, 2010

The iPod Touch - Triumph and Tragedy


Dear Laney,

Today started like any other - you know, just sittin' on a molehill, eatin' some crackers.


But then all hell broke loose when the Fed Ex man arrived to deliver your mom's new iPod Touch (basically, the iPhone without the phone). A week ago, Brian sent us a New York Times article about how toddlers go nutso for the iPhone. I read it and thought, "Laney likes electronics, but I don't think one little gizmo is going to turn her into a tiny crazy person." Boy, was I wrong.

You immediately started it up, and within a few minutes, we had downloaded some songs and some Sesame Street YouTube videos.


But when I took the iPod away from you long enough to show you: Hey, look! It also has a camera!... you lost your miniature mind.



Those are real tears, my friend, and not just the fake crying you do when I lie and tell you we're out of cheese.

Thankfully, even though you were mad at me, you weren't mad at Dad, so the two of you went off on a bike ride that seemed to tame your inner raging techno-geek.


By the time you got back, I had hidden the iPod, but to soften the blow, I also made you a cheese sandwich. For now, all seems forgiven.

Whew.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment