Monday, May 21, 2012

Montana's Most Eligible Bachelor

Editor's Note: 66% of my children's grandfathers celebrated their birthday on May 20th. I know we owe them a birthday post, but things have been a little crazy lately. In fact, I am blogging this while sitting on the floor of the Missoula Airport, on my way to New York. More on that later. In the meantime, allow me to play catch up. 

Hey y'all -

On Saturday night, we went to a Hawaiian-themed cookout at Steve and Karin Zandi's house. The Zandis have three adorable, charming sons, but let's ignore the older two and talk about 5 year-old Levi: Levi is quite possibly the sweetest little boy I have ever met.

He pulled out his favorite toys to share with Laney. He showed her how to go for a ride on the zipline. He got in the playhouse and played "Ice Cream Parlor" with her, where they decided to charge the adults "forty... no, a hundred dollars" for a scoop of vanilla.

He introduced her to his dog, people.






As we were packing up the car to come home, he asked me, "Hey, Laney's Mom, can I make Laney a s'more to take home with her?" If this were colonial India, you could consider this marriage arranged. 

As always, Hagen had a good time at the party by socializing for an hour or two and then sleeping through it. Or, as I like to call it, "What I would do if I could get away with it."



Love,
Mom

1 comment: