Friday, May 25, 2012

Watch Out For Whiplash


Dear Hagen,

I got back from my trip to New York yesterday afternoon, and my first order of business was to check in with your dad about how things went with you kids while I was gone. Bless your dad, he rearranged his schedule so he could stay home with you and your sister for four days so I could work. He confessed that in the time I was gone, he hadn't taken a single photograph, and also hadn't done Laney's hair. But as he kept reminding me, "your children are alive."

I asked if there had been any developments while I was gone - if either of you had picked up any new tricks or hobbies, and he said, "Well, Hagen has started to like the Jumperoo." As I've mentioned a few hundred times before, your dad is the King of Understatement. (See: "This trail is just a little uphill," and "Montana can get a little chilly.")

It's been less than 18 hours since I got home, and I've been able to slap this together already:


Go ahead, jump!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment