Thursday, October 28, 2010

Brooke's Hospital For Books: Now Closed


Dear Laney,

As you know, I've made a habit out of rescuing the sad little animals from your pop-up and lift-the-flap books when your reading habits become a little too violent enthusiastic.

But when you've put 9 bucks worth of glue on 8 bucks worth of book, it's probably time to throw in the towel. Before I retired my Martha Stewart Scrapbooking Glue Stick for good, I thought I'd bring all of the orphaned animal pieces together one last time.

Step right up and behold! For one night only! A flamingo with the body of a peacock, the ears of a monkey and the horn of a rhinoceros!


This is probably why - if I ever make it to Heaven - God will not put me on the Species Committee. I'll be stuck with Casseroles, like all the other Methodists.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment