Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Home Improvement Project: Laney's Hideaway


Dear Laney,

Your dad and I have been working on a few projects around the house lately - most notably, finishing our basement. Since that's going to take another month or so to finish, we'll lead up to the big reveal with one of our smaller projects: Laney's Hideaway.

By the way, I like to call it "Laney's Hideaway," because it reminds me of those Billy Crystal sketches on Saturday Night Live called "Fernando's Hideaway." Fernando, played by Crystal, had a talk show set in a swanky restaurant booth, and he would tell all of his guests, "You look mahvelous."

We started by clearing out all of my crap essential office supplies that used to be stored under the stairs, then I bought a 5 x 7 rug that your dad sliced up the middle for me, and Peg Peg sewed some pretty curtains to complete the "hideaway." Now, you have a special little nook for reading, playing, and napping (God willing).

So far, you think it's mahvelous.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment