Thursday, January 20, 2011

Conoc-Oh No!



Dear Laney,

On Tuesday, I took you to daycare, and you cried when you recognized the front doors. Today, I drove you to daycare, and you cried when you saw the Conoco through the back window and realized we had gotten off on the Frenchtown EXIT. I swear you don't miss a beat.

This afternoon when I picked you up, your teacher and I decided that your dad would have to be the one to drop you off; it's just less traumatic that way. After we made that decision, we moved on to THIS enlightening conversation:

Teacher: I have to tell you something about your baby, and I hope you take it the right way.
Brooke: Oh, no. What?
T: Your baby doesn't take shit from anybody.
B: Really?
T: Yeah, I turned my head to put their blankets away and when I looked back at the play area, Laney was slapping Madison.*
B: Oh no!
T: Well, of course I stopped her and said, "Laney! We have to use nice hands!" But truly, Madison's a little bully and totally deserved it.
B: Oh Lord...So we're not expelled?
T: No! Madison likes to take toys away from other kids, but today, Laney told her it wasn't her day.

Honestly, I would say that I am 50% proud and 50% mortified. I'm sure it won't be the last time in my parenting career.

Love,
Mom

*Name changed, so if her mama ever comes across this blog she won't be able to press charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment