Monday, January 24, 2011

A Right Brain Kind Of Day


Dear Laney,

Today, you finger-painted for the first time, and it went like everyone who has ever had children could have told me it would.

I figured that with Valentine's Day coming up, you could paint pictures for your grandparents as a special treat. I started this project by taping a grid of paper together. You have so many grandparents that we have to turn to the Chinese method of mass-production. But I needn't have worried about the paper, because what you REALLY wanted to do was paint your feet and then splatter the paint around.






I'm going to do everything I can to encourage your creative side - first, because I can't wait to see the look on your dad's face when you tell him you want to be a conceptual artist when you grow up, and second, because this style of art could really take you places.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment