Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mom's Mental Health Day


Dear Laney,

Your dad stayed home with you today, so I could run some errands in town and have a toddler-free "Me day." Sure, I missed you, but...

I used the bathroom all by myself!
I ate crappy-yet-delicious fast food that I would never let you eat!
I visited the library and checked out my books in English!
I listened to music in the car that wasn't performed by a cartoon moose!

And then it was time for me to go home, all jacked up on Frosty and freedom.

I have no idea what you and your dad did while I was gone, but when I walked in the front door, I discovered you both sprawled out on the living room floor, completely disinterested in getting up. It seems y'all wore each other slap out. And brought the dog along for the ride.



This is not the first time I've wished Ella could talk. And tattle.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment