Monday, January 3, 2011

Stuff You're Obsessed With This Month


Dear Laney,

Here's the stuff you're really into these days:

1) Clementine Oranges. If brown is the new black, orange is the new prune.

2) Stonyfield Organic Strawberry Yogurt Squeezers. I figured out that I could freeze them, and you could eat them like a push pop. You love them, but you don't like that they make your hands cold. So I sewed a seam up the middle of one of my beer koozies to make you a yogurt koozie. This is the kind of supreme sacrifice that is required to be a good parent.

3) Where's The Fish. This book is a "Where's Waldo?" for the preschool set, with a tiny pink fish hidden on every page. You can find and point to the fish, the chair, the ball, the pencils, the coat, etc, etc, etc. In fact, at your last check-up, I cited this book as the reason we know we have the next Steven Hawking on our hands. Dr. Hoover thought this was very funny. She'll see.

4) The Stepstool. Ikea calls it the "Bekvam." Your dad and I call it the "FrikkinFast."

5) Pigeon Wants A Puppy - A whole book about a pigeon having a tantrum because no one will give him a puppy. You think this is hysterical. Parents are obviously not the intended demographic for this book.

6) Showering - I can't remember the last time I took a shower by myself. We hit a bump in the road when we figured out that you were okay with being soaped up but did NOT want to rinse off. Now, I pick you up and we do the hokey pokey together, and you're fine with me turning you all about under the water. I admire your commitment to the choreography.

7) "Old MacDonald" - This is a game for the iPod and you can turn it on and play it all by yourself. I especially like the section pictured above, because it features a cow holding a coffee while reading "The Moo Yorker." If you click on him, he says "I must say..." Just because we live in rural Montana doesn't mean we can't expose you to East Coast liberal elites.

Can't wait to see what comes next.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment