Monday, January 17, 2011

In Praise Of Your Dad


Dear Laney,

Remember that stomach bug you unleashed on me at Home Depot last night? No? Well, I woke up with it this morning. So, thanks for that.

I have been sick as a dog all damn day. I mean lie-on-the-couch-and-moan sick. Honestly, I wanted your dad to conk me on the head with his crowbar and put me out of my misery.

And throughout the day, I kept thinking, "What the heck would I do without Thor?" He took care of you all day long so I could lie down in the shower and feel sorry for myself. He fixed your meals and changed your diapers and let you help with every project he worked on today.


Do I care that all you ate all day was variations of cheese-on-bread? No, I do not. Do I care that you didn't have on pants for 90% of today? Nope. Do I care that your dad used you to load-test the new pantry shelves? Uh-uh.


All I care about is that you were well taken care of...because while we may from time to time make fun of Dad's snoring and singing and Hobbit feet, today, he was my hero.

Love,
Mom





1 comment: