Thursday, January 13, 2011

Laney and Pablo, Off To School.


Dear Laney,

Last night, I packed up a bag with all of your daycare supplies: diapers, wipes, pillow, blanket and Pablo (who seems to be your favorite Backyardigan these days). Then, I went to bed and cried a little because our baby was moving to Switzerland going to daycare for five hours. I'd like to tell you that your dad was as torn up as I was, but with all the snoring, it was hard to tell.

Speaking of Dad, on the drive to daycare - which Peg Peg says I should come up with a better name for, like "Super Awesome Play Time Extravaganzaville!" - we had a good time making up songs about your dad. In particular, we took the music to "Wheels on the Bus" and made up new lyrics. Instead of "The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round," I sang "Dad on the stairs goes CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP," or "The brakes on his truck go EEEEE EEEEE EEEEE," which you thought was super funny.

Anyway, we arrived at S.A.P.T.E. right at 8:30am. Your dad came, too, so he could meet the teacher. At least that's why he said he wanted to go. Secretly, I think it's because he figured he might have to forcibly remove me from the building when it came time to say good-bye.

You met the other little girls who were there and immediately started playing. The teacher said she had baked banana bread for breakfast and assured me you would be fine. You were so busy playing that I didn't even tell you goodbye. I just got in the car and came back home. And didn't cry. Nope, not once.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment