Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hammer To Pumpkinhead, Over


Dear Laney,

I'm sitting at the airport in Missoula, waiting on my trip to LA, and saying goodbye to you was just as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe worse. I'll be staying with Brian most of the time I'm gone, and apparently his mother Jane has already called him and warned him that he needs to be nice to me - after all, I'll be emotionally distraught the whole time I'm there. Now that Jane has laid the foundation, I'm thinking I can maybe score a sympathy spa treatment out of Brian. Sweet!

I laid out six matching outfits in your room this morning, so Dad will have no trouble getting you ready for school. All in all, I have no doubt that you and your dad will do just fine while I'm gone, and that he will give you the same excellent standard of care that you're used to. Of course, I did have to wonder why your dad started teaching to you communicate via walkie-talkie last night.



Maybe it's a red flag that he thinks you'll be far enough apart that your conversations will need to start with "Breaker, breaker..."

Love,
Mom

1 comment: