Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lasagnarama


Dear Laney,

We kicked off the weekend by going to Brooke and Todd's for a delicious lasagna dinner.

You shared your necklaces and your baby doll with Cedar, and even after you stole Cedar's juice, you were willing to give her a sip now and then. This means that Cedar has achieved a rare exalted status in your mind, because normally you don't like people touching your stuff. Either that, or you read the blog last week and agreed that you need to work on your social skills.




As dinner was cooking in the oven, we walked over to the playground at the Alberton School. I was yelling "Laney, stay out of the puddles!," right as I tripped into a puddle and got ice-cold water all over my shoes and pants. Sometimes, I think I should hire a dude with a trombone just to follow me around and make that waaah, waaah... sound.

Back at the house, I got my camera out, and you decided that you wanted to be the one taking pictures of Cedar. I kind of dig your photography style - it's so in-your-face, you almost feel like you're thisclose.


Cedar has a trunk of "vintage" toys that we got to play with, and I found myself studying a Cabbage Patch Doll and wondering what all the fuss had been about. To any and all of my parents who may have camped out in front of a toy store in the winter of 1984 to bring me home one of those dolls...geez, I'm sorry.

Love,
Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment