Friday, March 11, 2011

Take Good Care Of My Baby


Dear Laney,

As you may already know, I'm going away next week for work, and will be in LA for five days (a.k.a. That Week That Mom Spent With Andre, The Brazilian Underwear Model).

You will be going to school in the mornings, and Dad will be picking you up after lunch, and he swears that everything will be fine. I have stocked the fridge with your favorite foods so Dad won't have to cook, and I've warned your teacher that you may be making some fashion faux pas next week. While everything seems fine n' dandy on paper, it doesn't mean that I'm not agonizing over leaving you for so long.

Peg Peg tries to make me feel better in conversations like this:

Brooke: I don't think I can leave her for so long. We've never been separated for more than a night.
Peg: She won't remember it.
Brooke: But...
Peg: Do you remember that time I dropped you off at Granny Jack's because I needed a mental health break 'cause you just would...not...shut...up?
Brooke: No.
Peg: See? It'll be fine.

Yeah, a lot of your grandmother's pep talks leave me with this look on my face:


In happier news, I've decided to run with the "Take Good Care of My Baby" theme, and I've put together a little highlight reel of some of my favorite moments you've spent with your baby doll. You know, the one I promised to put together back in November.


Love you oodles,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment