Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St Patrick's Day


Dear Laney,

It's St. Patrick's Day. Apparently, 1600 years ago, a Catholic bishop drove the Druids out of Ireland. As a result, non-Irish people all over America make it a point to get plastered on this day in mid-March. This is but one of many holidays with the same questionable cause and effect. See: Cinqo De Mayo.

When I talked to your dad yesterday, he said that your school had made shamrock hats to help celebrate the holiday. When he picked you up, you were the only one not wearing yours. I thought it was because you're prone to being ornery when it comes to hats, but it seems you were saving it to share with Ella.



I'm impressed that your dad took some pictures while I've been gone. Three of 'em.

This is my last night in LA, and I couldn't be more excited to see you and your dad tomorrow. Tyrone's pretty excited to be reunited with all of his buddies, too.

Happy St Patrick's Day, everybody.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. I love that Thor put Laney in a Christmas sweater in March... If the timings right she'll probably be wearing her Easter outfit on 4th of July

    ReplyDelete