Monday, March 7, 2011

Outsourcing


Dear Laney,

I was reading another mom's blog the other day that was chock-full of tips on Montessori-style learning activities you can do with your child. I admire it. I applaud it. I don't have time for it this week.

Around here, we're so busy these days that we don't have time for any of that "pure learning" that the hippies at the University like to talk about. No, here at Chez Burbach, we're all about applied knowledge.

So, I took your number stickers and put them over the buttons on our dishwasher normally labeled "Normal Cycle" and "Start." You were already able to put in the soap pellet, close the soap dispenser, and shut the big dishwasher door. Now you're able to run the dang thing, too.

Up with learning! Everybody wins!

Now, let's go downstairs and talk about the dryer.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment