Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Eye Of The Tiger


Dear Hagen,

Occasionally, we'll hear your sister say something to you in the next room that strikes panic in my heart and makes me take off running like the short blonde answer to Usain Bolt. "You're doing it all by yourself!" for example. Or, "Oooh, you look so scared, Hagen Hagen." Or, "I can help you down from there!" or just, "Eat this!"

But this morning, we were sitting in the living room after breakfast when your sister decided that TODAY would be the day that you were going to climb the stairs. I was on hand to supervise, but it was Laney who stood at the bottom and reminded you, "You put your knee here and then push! PUSH!"

As soon as you'd climbed the first few steps, she ran to the top landing where she kept screaming, "YOU CAN DO IT, BUDDY!  COME ON! I KNOW YOU CAN!" She was no longer a three year-old. She was Burgess Meredith in the Rocky movies.



And you know what? It worked. You did all 12 stairs all by yourself at 9 months old. Purely a coincidence that you were wearing your commando pants.




I don't know which one of you I'm more proud of.

Love,

Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment