Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Second Cousins


Hugs from Heidi


Hey y'all - 

On Sunday, we went over to my cousin Heidi's house to meet your newest second cousin, Rhett. By the way, if you ever need to verify your southern heritage, you can do so by starting a sentence with, "I declare, I was just visiting with my second cousin Rhett…"



Heidi took us all for a ride on their four-wheeler / Gator-thingy, and Laney got a chance to drive, which I'm sure will be her second-fondest memory from this trip (for #1, see tomorrow's post). They have a car seat in the front for Rhett. Heidi asked me if I'd ever seen anything as redneck as a car seat on a four-wheeler, and I reminded her that at our house, we have a dog sled with a high chair strapped to it, so in terms of sheer idiocy, I think we still win. 

I'm glad you had time to play with your cousin Hope; she's a laugh a minute. She runs, jumps, does magic tricks and tells jokes like:

- Why did the mermaid wear seashells?
- Because the "D" shells were too big.







Even Hagen thought she was hilarious. But he also thinks it's the height of comedy when I pretend I can't find him and keep asking, "Where's Hagen?" while "looking" for him around the room. 

Mom's an idiot = hysterical!


Unlike that baby swing, it's something you probably won't grow out of.

Love,
Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment