Monday, October 29, 2012

Playover in Denver








Hey y'all - 

Well, we did it. Fifteen days, four flights, four states, one road trip, one party, one wedding, eight playgrounds, three houses, one hotel, and a million cuss words mumbled as I installed your car seats in one of five cars. 

And you know what? Y'all were awesome. I could not ask for better traveling companions of any age. 

On our last day in Fayetteville, we did some shopping and some idiot* decided it would be fun to buy Laney her own microphone. I have never actually thrown gasoline on a fire, but now I understand the concept. Peg entertained Laney for hours by using it to introduce her... "Ladies and gentlemen! For one night only! Miss! Laney! Burbach!" Laney would jump in the room and we'd cheer and then she'd instruct Peg, "Do it 'gain."

Here, Laney takes over for Southwest Airlines Ground Crew:



Ladies and gentlemen! Fasten your seat belts!

I shouldn't be so surprised that you were so good on this trip; you've been traveling non-stop since you were born, seems like. Not counting the states we just drove or flew through, here are the states Laney's visited (and spent at least one night) - 



Considering she's just three, I'd say we're on a roll. By the end of elementary school, we could have this country knocked out.

Love,
Mom

* Me. I'm the idiot.

2 comments:

  1. You are missing Texas. Come visit us during the winter or spring or fall (which we like to call "Summer-Part 2"). Steer clear of Summer (which I like to call "Hell").

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually been wanting to plan a visit to Dallas for a while now, so I can eat decent Mexican food and I can watch my mama go crazy in Sam Moon.

    Also, looking at this map again, I realize that if we spend the night in Oklahoma, we get Bingo!

    ReplyDelete