Friday, October 26, 2012

Museum Project




Hey y'all -

Like I was saying, we went to the museum yesterday.

It was surprisingly cold here in Arkansas, so Laney decided she wanted to wear Peg Peg's sweater, which was both practical and fashion-forward since oversized earth tones are totally on trend this season. I'm making that up. Unless it's true.






I enjoyed parking Hagen in his stroller next to works of art, and then adding "avec Hagen" to the ends of their titles. For example, this is a lighting installation piece from the Luminist exhibit that I like to call, "Sloan (Red) 1968 avec Hagen."


Your dad calls this, "nerd humor."

Then, I entertained myself by taking pictures of the most interesting figures inside larger paintings. Like hidden portraits.








That last one comes from a much larger painting that should be titled, "Mother Of A Talkative Three Year-Old," but isn't.


This is exactly what I look like on the living room floor - horizontal and glassy-eyed - by the time Laney finishes recounting the plot of Strawberry Shortcake in Sleeping Beauty. Only this lady's wearing much nicer shoes. 

Laney's favorite piece in the museum? The stairs.


Fine art's in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment