Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Open Up And Say, "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Please."




Dear Laney,

You went to the dentist this morning for your check-up. I don't want to sound like an old-timer or anything, but MAN, things have changed since I was little. I remember a scary old man scraping around on my teeth with a metal hook. What I DON'T remember is a flat-screen TV mounted on the ceiling so I could watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while I wore cushioned earphones. I also don't remember a nice lady in a pirate outfit "counting" my teeth and giving me tokens I could redeem for toys in a prize machine.

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now: the 70's stunk, and I want a do-over.

Love,
Mom


P.S. You have no cavities, you sat still for an x-ray, and your permanent teeth look perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment